For anyone who attended the Young Sheep Training Center 1981-1985
The Purpose of our monthly Zoom Meetings;
We are creating a safe space where everyone can be free to be themselves. It is for those of us who were part of the the church of bible understanding's Young Sheep Training center in Brooklyn NY. Here we can reconnect with each other and share our experiences past and present. We can help each other to recover from some of the bad experiences we had there. It is my desire to make sure that each of us realize that the Jesus we learned in cobu, that's not the way he really is. You are invited to join us, you are welcome to come look in, listen in and to say "Hello" if you like or even share of yourself with us and to be accepted for who and what you really are. We are connected to each other very similar to the connection military veterans have with each other. We have experienced things together and experienced Jesus in ways no one else has. I think all of us agree that the best thing from those days is that we met each other and many brothers and sisters who love Jesus Christ!
Zoom Meeting participants so far;
First zoom meeting; (8)
1. Paul Peterson, 2. Bernie Epp, 3. Aaron Trudgeon, 4. Robert Hardy, 5. Owen Camp,
6. Prince Milam, 7. Steve Greene, 8. Kevin Brown
Second zoom meeting; (15)
1. Luis Arevalo, 2. Charles Wright, 3. Gus Jones, 4. Keith Mitchell, 5. Donald Ricks,
6. Kenny Jones, 7. Mike Montoya, 8. Milton Ransom, 9. John Monk, 10. Paul Peterson, 11. Bernie Epp, 12. Robert Hardy, 13. Aaron Trudgeon, 14. Kevin Brown,
15. Andre Fenty,
Third zoom meeting now brothers and sisters; (17)
1.Sandra & 2.Gus Jones-Bloomfield, 3.Paul & 4.Valencia Peterson-Jones,
5.Dave Montoya, 6.Kenneth Samuel, 7.Joan Thompson, 8.Karen Freeman-Gray, 9.Dorothea Schultz, 10.Barbara Hoffman-Caban, 11.Andre Fenty, 12.Bernie Epp,
13.Aaron Trudgeon, 14.Robert Hardy, 15.Kevin Brown, 16.Mike Montoya,
Fourth zoom meeting; (10)
1.Merry Harris, 2.Paul & 3.Valencia Peterson-Jones, 4.Joan Thompson, 5.Andre Fenty, 6.Bernie Epp, 7.Kevin Brown, 8.Robert Hardy, 9.Dorothea Schultz, 10.Karen Freeman-Gray
Fifth zoom Meeting; (13)
1.Andre Fenty, 2.Paul & 3.Valencia Peterson, 4.John Monk, 5.Robert Hardy,
6.Gus & 7.SandraJones-Bloomfield, 8.Aaron Trudgeon, 9.Bernie Epp,
10.Kevin Brown, 11.Joan Thompson, 12.Dorothea Schultz, 13.Romona Paltrow-Armstrong
Paul Peterson was the moderator of our first two zoom meetings and Andre Fenty has been the moderator for the last three and he is our present moderator. Each of our zoom meetings have been different in good ways and some of us who hadn't seen or been in contact with others from our generation have been able to reconnect. We are not trying to relive or resurrect those days from our past. Some of us have fond memories and some of us have terrible memories and for just about all of us it is a mixed bag. But what we all seem to be able to agree upon is that the best thing was that we met each other and that we experienced things together that we will probably never forget. It has been just about 40 years and the amazing thing is that all of us who have participated still believe in Jesus Christ! And that is God's Amazing Grace!
Interested in joining or participating?
Contact; Bernie Epp, Paul Peterson or Andre Fenty by Facebook, E-mail or text
Sixth zoom meeting Jan 17. 2021 (17)
1. Andre Fenty, 2. Paul Peterson, 3. Valencia Peterson Jones, 4. Bernie Epp,
5. Joan Thompson, 6. Dorothea Schultz, 7. Robert Hardy, 8. Kevin Brown,
9. John Monk, 10. Keith Mitchell, 11. Milton Ransom, 12. Luis Arevalo,
13. Ann Peterson, 14. Steve Green,15. Kenny Samuel, 16. Kenny Jones,
17. Reggie Brewer
Seventh Zoom meeting Feb 21 2021 (6)
1. Bernie Epp 2. Andre Fenty 3. Paul Peterson 4. Kevin Brown 5. Owen Camp
6. Ann Peterson Romona Paltrow and John Monk didn't get to join because our moderator had to step away early.
Notice; we are making changes to our Zoom get togethers. We will meet on Saturday's at 5pm starting March 20 2021
Our 8th zoom meeting on March 20 2021 (8)
1. Owen Camp 2. Joan Thompson 3. Andre Fenty 4. Bernie Epp 5. Paul Peterson
6. Sandra Bloomfield Jones 7. Dorothea Schultz 8. Valencia Peterson
The theme was what verse helped you personally either in cobu or afterwards.
Here are some of the verses each of us brought up;
Genesis 50:20, Psalms 32:8, Psalms 23, Psalms 31:14&15, Mark 11:24, Hebrews 13:5, Ephesians 2:8&9, Romans 8:1, Psalms 139, Joel 2:25, Psalms 27:10, Psalms 143:10.