Remember from the scriptures;Assurance of salvation is for you, it is for the individuals confidence in Christ which is extremely reassuring and helpful in times of doubt, trials and temptations and when the accuser of the brethren whispers into our ears. My Salvation does not depend on my assurance of salvation; We are saved by God's Grace through Faith no matter how much or how little of assurance of Salvation I may possess, but will possess eventually by the Grace of God.
Reassurance of salvation that's what the letter of Paul to the Romans is all about.
How can I be sure that I am saved? How can I have Assurance of Salvation?
1. I know that I have received the Holy Spirit from God. Luke 11:13, Galatians 3:2, Ephesians 1:13&14, 2 Timothy 1:14, John 14:26, Acts 2:4, Acts 8:17 Acts 9:17, Acts 10:44, John 3:5 2 Cor 4:7, 1 John 3:9, 1 John 3:24, 1 John 4:4 Romans 8:15&16,
2. God/Jesus personally/ individually called me. I know that. John 10:3&16, John 10:27&28, Romans 8:30, Galatians 1:15, 2 Timothy 1:9, 1 Peter 2:9, Hebrews 11:8, Hebrews 9:15, 1 Timothy 6:12, 2 Thessalonians 2:14, 1 Thessalonians 5:23&24, 1 Corinthians 7:24
3. God did something supernatural to me. There is no better way I can describe it. I have been forgiven, justified and been made a new creation by the Grace and mercy of God. I'm not the same person I used to be, God did something to me. God has changed me and I have become a different person. I am a new creation in Christ.
Evidence of Salvation!
4. I am thankful. I stand in awe of the fact that Jesus would die for a wretch like me.
5. I'm no longer a slave to sin
6. I have different and new desires. I care about what God originally made me to care about.
7. Love one another, as before I was selfish, me first and others never or only later....
8. Let your light so shine. My life shows that there is something different about me.
9. Obeying his commands. I desire to do what God wants me to do. Before God's commandments were a burden and a hindrance to me.
10. My attitude toward sin has changed. Now I don't want to sin, sin bothers me. It isn't my pleasure anymore.
11. My view of God has changed. As before I viewed him as a tyrant, as one preventing me from being truly happy. Now I see him as my heavenly Father, as a loving God who loves me and who never leaves me nor forsakes me.
12. I asked him to save me and he answered me.
13. I confess him with all my being as Lord and I believe with my heart that God raised him from the dead
14. I'm in a living and loving union with the Son of God and I have a personal relationship with him. I talk to him, he talks to me.
15. I used to be far from God but now through the blood of his Son I'm near and no longer separated from him.
16. I was faithless, but now I have saving Faith, the same Faith that Abraham has.
17. Now I desire to be in heaven with the one who loves me and gave himself for me more than this life.
18 I want others to be in Christ just as I am in Christ
19. I realize my good deeds and any works I may do cannot earn me salvation, only the sacrifice of God's only Son.
20. I was spiritually dead, and I have been given the life which is life indeed
21. I have the life of God inside of me
22. I love Jesus, mentally, spiritually and with my physical being
23. I've been reconciled to God by the sacrifice of his Son.
24. He is increasing in me and I'm decreasing.
25. I'm saying and living with Paul what he said in Galatians 2:20 The life I live by the Grace of God shows it.
26. I'm saved because God elected me to be saved.
27. My position has changed from;
A) from an Enemy of God to a beloved child of God
B) Out of Christ and outside of him to in Christ and united to him
C) Slave to sin and powerless to free in Christ, free from Guilt and the power of sin. (but not free from the indwelling of sin- the Resurrection of the just will take care of that)
D) I'm no longer under the law to under the Grace. of God.
E) I was powerless over sin to power to deny. myself and worldly passions and ungodliness.