Washed and given a new Heart and Spirit
I will sprinkle clean water on you and you shall be clean from all your uncleanness, and from all your idols I will cleanse you. And I will give you a new heart and a new spirit I will but within you. And I will remove the heart of stone from your flesh and give you a heart of flesh. And I will put my spirit within you and cause you to walk in my statutes and be careful to obey my just decrees. Ezekiel 36:25-27
Amazing Grace, God comes and finds us in all our filth and washes us clean and cleanses us from all our idols. It’s not, you clean yourself up first and then you come to God, or you come to God and he cleans you up, but he finds us in our lowest condition and he cleans us and he puts a new heart and puts his Spirit in us and causes us to walk in his ways, he empowers us to do what he wants. He wakes us up to our lost and sinful condition and forgives us our sins and cleanses us from all unrighteousness. Because of Adam we are already ruined by sin and by our sinning in our life made it a lot worse. Really God should have nothing to do with us, he cannot have anything to do with sin. That’s why Jesus death on the cross is so valuable, because of Christ’s blood, God can come and cleanse us and turns us from the passions of our flesh to which we had been enslaved. Because of Christ’s death, God’s justice is satisfied and we are able to be justified. Now who wouldn't be really thankful realizing all that God has done and is doing for us! And we are real thankful to Jesus Christ for dying on the cross in our place.
1. God Grace appears by showing us our lost and sinful condition.
2. God by his Grace cleans us by forgiving us of all our sins and trespasses through Jesus shedding his blood for us.
3. God by his Grace takes out our heart of stone and gives us a heart of flesh.
4. God by his Grace gives us his Spirit, by which we become his sons by faith
5. God by his Grace turns us from following our fleshly passions and lusts.
6. God by his Grace empowers us to walk in his ways and to become careful to obey his will.
7. In return we give thanks and praise to our Lord and that’s our acceptable worship