I find to this day 7 abominations in my heart;
1) In clinging to UNBELIEF.
2) Suddenly to forget the LOVE and MERCY that Christ manifests.
3) A leaning to the works of the law.
4) Wandering + coldness in PRAYER.
5) To forget to watch what I pray for.
6) Apt to murmur because I have no more, and yet ready to abuse what I have
7) can do none of those things God commands me, but my corruptions will trust in themselves when I would do good, evil is present with me.
These things I continually see + feel, yet the wisdom of God does order them for my good.
1) They make me abhor myself
2) To keep me from trusting my heart
3) They convince me of the insufficiency of all inherent righteousness
4) They show me the necessity of flying to Jesus
5) They press me to pray to God
6) They show me the need I have to watch and be sober
7) Provoke me to pray to God, through Jesus Christ, to help me + carry me through this world.
Christian, pastor, writer, great example of the faith.
Author of; PILGRIMS PROGRESS, SAVED BY GRACE, GRACE ABOUNDING TO THE CHIEF OF SINNERS, THE HOLY LIFE, THE HOLY WAR, A FEW SIGHS FROM HELL, THE ACCEPTABLE SACRIFICE, CHRIST A COMPLETE SAVIOR, THE DESIRE OF THE RIGHTEOUS GRANTED AND MANY MORE....
HERE ARE HIS CONCLUSIONS;