What we Believe and why we Believe it! Our Doctrine
1. We believe in God, the Maker and Creator of the universe. He is the Lord and has become our loving Father.
2. We believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God, He is God the Son who came into the world and became God in the flesh, who died on the cross for our sins and rose for our justification and he is coming back again.
3. We believe that the Father and the Son sent the Holy Spirit to be in us as our "Helper" after Jesus Christ's ascension to lead and guide us into all the truth. We believe that the Holy Spirit lives in all of God's children and is the guarantee of our inheritance.
4. We believe in the Word of God, In God's Promises. We believe God's Word as revealed by the Holy Spirit to his own. God's Word is perfect and complete and must be understood as such, it is us who lack understanding and it is us who are polluted by false ideas.
5. We believe that since our fore- father Adam disobeyed God, we are all under the same sentence of condemnation and are born with a fallen and corrupted nature.
6. We believe that we all need to be born of God, born into his family, born of the Spirit in order to enter God’s kingdom.
7. We believe that God through his Son Jesus Christ is the only one who can save us from eternal condemnation. We know and come to believe that Jesus' death on the cross is the only acceptable sacrifice for our offenses and through Him we are made righteous.
8. We are saved and are being saved by God's Grace through faith. Salvation is all of Grace, all of God and none of us. It is the Gift of God. It is God by his Grace from the beginning to completion; we participate as beloved children out of our Thankfulness to our Heavenly Father. We cannot be saved by our own efforts, works or by performing religious ceremonies or by living under the law. We cannot earn our salvation, trying to earn salvation greatly offends our God.
9. to be continued and completed....